TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Its just a waste of a good running na engine.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Its just a waste of a good running na engine.

Posted by Z32_Tree_Killer on June 25, 2016 at 8:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 215 times.

In Reply To Its just a waste of a good running na engine. posted by Schmeal (NV) on June 25, 2016 at 02:58 AM

Message Not trying to argue with you. The fact is that the 300zx crank is no longer produced. Its hard to find a reputable seller and when buying new they are over $800. The fact that my motor is a good running engine IS the main reason I would build off that platform. I would lose money selling the NA rebuilt motor. I would have to buy everything new.... (water pump, timing belt, main bearings, rod bearings, gaskets, NA oil squirters, piston rod(s), timing belt idler pulleys, fuel lines, possibly crankshaft, EGR delete kit, etc....) Almost everything is new on the NA and most of it can transfer to the TT. And bearings don't go bad in 3000 miles so no reason I can't reuse. I look at craigslist regularly and see most NA engines go from $300-$800.... No one will pay a good price for a NA when you can buy a TT for a few more hundred dollars.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.